Who is the NBCC ?
The National Bangladeshi-Canadian Council is an inclusive, self-sustaining, vibrant organization that serves the Bangladeshi-Canadian community to maintain, develop and share its Bangladeshi-Canadian identity, culture and aspirations. The mission of NBCC is to:
• represent and serve the Bangladeshi community;
• pro• adhere to democratic principles and provide strong leadership;
• promote sustainable organizational development;
• contribute to the enhancement of cultural diversity in Quebec, Toronto, and Ottawa;
• maximize the capacity of the Bangladeshi-Canadian community to maintain, develop and share its identity, culture and aspirations;
• encourage innovation and creativity.
Mandate and Objectives
• to act as an authoritative representative for the Bangladeshi-Canadian community before the people and the government of Canada
• to strengthen and coordinate the participation of Bangladeshi-Canadians in the social and cultural life of Quebec based on principles of justice, freedom and independence
• to promote the development of friendly and mutually beneficial relations between Canada and Bangladesh
• to plan and develop among Bangladeshi-Canadians in Quebec sound community life in all its aspects
• to assist in the preservation and development of Bangladeshi culture in Quebec and Canada.
NBCC's primary objectives include:
• Promoting active participation of Bangladeshi Canadian in civic, politics and national affairs and in all other aspects of mainstream Canada.
• Promoting awareness of Bangladeshi-Canadian contributions to social, economic, cultural and political life in Canada.
• Securing social justice, equal opportunity and fair treatment of Bangladeshi-Canadian through advocacy and legislative and policy initiatives at all levels of government.
• Strengthening community institutions that promote the cultural heritage of Bangladesh.
• Eliminating prejudices, stereotypes and ignorance of Bangladeshi-Canadians
To achieve these objectives, NBCC sponsors support the following programs: